Yes, we’ve hit the Christmas cookie countdown stage, now that December is here. And when you find one recipe, you want to try another: What kind of cookie tray doesn’t have variety?
So, I started with a spicy German Lub-whatever. Then, the no-bake Swedish chocolate bombs were rolled together and put in the freezer. Next, some oatmeal cherry surprise balls were baked and rolled in coconut.
Tonight? Another recipe off Allrecipes.com, but slightly adapted.
- 250 gm butter, softened
- 2 T cream cheese
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 c powdered milk
- 1/2 cup arepina
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped candied fruit pieces
- In a large bowl, blend butter, cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add egg and beat well.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, powdered milk, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture. Add vanilla and blend thoroughly. Stir in the candied fruit pieces.
- Form dough into ball, wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and chill until firm, about 1 hour.
- Roll out dough on well-floured board to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut with cookie cutters (2 1/2 inches in diameter) and place 1 inch apart on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden. Store in airtight container.